A Blog for all my university stuff.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Games Reviewing - My progress

I believe that I have improved my general English writing skills quite considerably in my time so far on the games reviewing module. We have covered what I feel is a lot of ground and the module seems to have been well planned in the way that new techniques are introduced for us to study. An example of this would be the way that paragraphs have become gradually more important over the last few weeks, to the point where we are doing reviews where there is no word count, just a limit on the paragraphs.

I feel this emphasis on paragraphs suits me as I find it hard to stick to a small word limit in my reviews. With the paragraph limit there is slightly more room to play with in terms of the amount you can write. This helps me a lot as with some of my earlier reviews I have found myself having to reduce my conclusion to make it fit, or leave out points I wanted to make. With that in mind I particularly feel that my conclusions have improved vastly since beginning this module.

With regards to working with editors, I definitely prefer working by myself. I feel that when you are placed with an “editor,” especially somebody you don’t really know, you are putting your grade in someone else’s hands. As well as this I don’t like people changing my work much and so I infinitely prefer reading over it myself. Proof reading is okay as you will always read something you wrote the way it is meant to be read, even if you have put a wrong word in or missed some punctuation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home