A Blog for all my university stuff.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Article comments

In many ways I do agree with both writers are saying about previews. They are not strictly that necessary when you can go online and get up to the minute previews about the newest games out, rather then every month having to read a load of previews and news about games just announced with could already a month old. Magazines should focus on big, in depth articles rather then take the approach they currently do. I particularly like the line “videogame journalists are mere extensions of the marketing machine” as I feel this to be true myself and certainly don’t consider them to be part of the videogames industry.

I think perhaps the people who make the games magazine underestimate the number of older gamers I.e. Over the age of 20, that there is out there. This means that the magazines could come across as patronising as they are geared mainly towards the teen market. I believe a group of people, such as the people writing these two articles, should get together and produce their own magazine geared towards the market that they want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home