A Blog for all my university stuff.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bissto: We're going off the rails on a gravy train!

This is my paragraph done for the last exercise on the bissto page:

The students and staff weren't surprised to learn of the Privy Council's decision to make Bolton a university. They'd always believed in Mollie Temple's case. The students' reaction was to go immediately to the Student Union bar to celebrate. The day's events had been exciting and it's hoped that the forthcoming party will be more so.

I managed to get it done okay but i had a few problems initially with getting re- acquainted with the rules on possesive apostrophes for example the sheep's fleeces.

Despite studying English Language at A level I have never done a test like this before and made me realise that I wasnt quite as up to scratch with my English skills as I should be. Generally I am extremely confident in my ability to write good English but this test most definitely was more difficult then I imagined it would be.

As a former English student I do definitely believe these things are important and good to learn. There is the saying "you only get one chance to make a first impression" and if someones first impression of you is diminished because of your lack of writing/punctuation skills then you only have yourself to blame ultimately! Overall I managed to complete the test without too much difficulty after initially getting a couple wrong and I think I did about as well as I could expect to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home